Corporate Training and Workshop Opportunities
“A goal without a plan is just a wish” – Antoine de Saint-Expury
Bring Ron to your offices to lead an impactful multi-day workshop of his own design and approach to setting and achieving goals within organizations.
While many businesses and organizations have goals, few have specific plans for achieving them. Consequently, many of these organizations languish, failing to achieve their full potential, while also suffering from high degrees of employee dissatisfaction and turnover, management discontent, low productivity, higher costs, poor customer satisfaction, organization-wide miscommunication, lower profitability and much, much more. It’s not enough to have goals—you must have plans to achieve those goals. And the more specific the plans, the greater the likelihood that those goals will be achieved.
Numerous studies businesses and organizations that lack goals and specific plans for achieving them, suffer from poor performance and are more likely to fail than organizations that fully embrace targeted goals and accompanying achievement plans. Organizations that lack goals and plans generally fail to realize their full potential, suffering from: poor financial performance; lack of direction; low employee morale; higher costs; incomplete projects and initiatives; weak competitive position; declining market share; lack of innovation; poor communication throughout all levels of the organization, and more.
I have developed a unique systematic approach that enables organizations or companies of any size to:
- Identify short- and long-term goals.
- Pinpoint appropriate, specific, measurable, time-specific objectives that directly support these goals.
- Identify the action steps and resources necessary for achieving your identified goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Carry out a comprehensive asset mapping and resource gaps analysis (G.A.A.P. Analysis)
- Analyze potential barriers, obstacles and challenges to goal achievement along with actionable strategies for overcoming those barriers, obstacles and challenges.
- Build a comprehensive Goal Achievement Action Plan that includes timelines, action items, performance metrics, strategies for monitoring progress, contingency plans and more.
- Ensure an ongoing process of continuous improvement.
This multi-day course is custom designed to teach organizations and businesses of any size precisely how to use my G.A.A.P. process to set, clarify, communicate, implement, pull through, and support organizational goals and initiatives using a comprehensive, unique set of techniques, tools, and business practices that I have developed over the last 15 years. The actual course is just one part of the process that is collaboratively carried out over a period of several weeks up to several months, depending on organization size and need. Depending on your organization’s needs, the course runs two, three or four days.
Unlike other trainings where participants are “sold” to stop one behavior and adopt the newest trend in management, this course is created specific to your goals and culture to ensure the highest level of adoption and sustainability.
Training customization takes place through conversations and questionnaires used to gauge areas of strength, weakness, immediate needs, short- and long-term growth goals and more. Once this data is gathered, training will be created using topics and strategies most important to the organization.
This training is designed to set goals at global levels but, it can also be customized at a departmental level to increase teamwork and efficiency. Some of the other key benefits of developing organizational goals and executing a custom Goal Achievement Action Plan include:
- Provide guidance and direction for employees by identifying roles, responsibilities, action items, timelines and shared expectations.
- Facilitate planning at the individual, departmental and organizational levels.
- Motivate and inspire employees.
- Continuously monitor progress and ensure that employees, departments and the whole organization is on-track.
- Improve productivity, reduce errors, eliminate bottlenecks and streamline processes.
- Lower costs and boost profitability.
- Drive sales and revenue growth.
- Reduce employee turnover, and more.
Even if you are not sure about which goals are right for your organization or business, this training will help you understand your needs. From there, you will be equipped to use my logical, thoughtful process to determine the goals, objectives and outcomes that your business or organization needs to thrive. Here are just a few examples of the types of goals and related action plans this training supports:
- Developing or refining your business model
- Launching a startup
- Raising private capital
- Identifying and developing new markets and new growth opportunities
- Planning for or executing mergers and acquisitions
- Developing new programs or initiatives
- Improving competitive position
- Securing funding through government grants and incentives
- Lowering costs
- Implementing strategies to improve employee morale
- Boosting bottom line
- Streamlining processes
- Developing and launching new products or services
- Building strategic partnerships
- Increasing employee satisfaction and retention
- And many more….
Bring Ron to your offices to lead an impactful multi-day workshop of his own design and approach to increase collaboration between individuals and departments.
This two-day course helps individuals, departments and organizations to discover the lasting value of collaboration. Participants are provided knowledge and tools to build an effective, collaborative working environment. Unlike other trainings where participants are “sold” to stop one behavior and adopt the newest trend in collaborative management, this course is created specific to client goals and culture to insure the highest level of adoption and sustainability.
Training customization takes place through conversations and questionnaires used to gauge areas of strength, weakness, immediate needs, and long term growth goals. Once this data is gathered, training will be created using topics and strategies most important to the organization.
This training is designed to create an organizational culture of collaboration but it can be further customized to help individual departments increase collaboration and departmental efficiency.
Participants in this collaboration workshop will be able to create, organize, delegate, participate, and meet deadlines through the power of “collaboration.” Moreover, they will be inspired by examples, hands-on experiences and will walk away with creative, collaboration-focused mindsets that will boost their performance. In addition, they will learn a hands-on tool that will help them to generate opportunities for collaboration. It will be a truly innovative approach to fostering a sustainable organizational culture of collaboration.
The residual effects of a collaborative culture include:
- Increased communication
- Increased corporate compliance
- Increased accountability
- Increased employee retention
- Increased profits
- Increased goal clarity
- Increased goal activity
- Increased goal completion
- Increased internal advancement
- Increased time management
- Increased profit margins
- Decreased costs
Ron Flavin’s unique ability to concisely and effectively communicate value in a compelling manner is the foundation of his success.
In this multi-day workshop, he’ll work with your staff to enhance their own potential as effective communicators.
Is poor communication killing your leadership potential?
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is among the most vital qualities of a strong, successful leader. Strong communication skills help leaders to better understand others and enable them to build trust and respect among their followers and peers while fostering environments where creative ideas and problem solving flourish. Strong, effective communication skills are also essential to inspiring others and motivating them to achieve their full potential. Yet despite the important role communication plays in building successful, sustainable organizations, many people in leadership positions overlook this critical ability. They assume that others already understand what they, in the leadership position, want. However, this is rarely the case, with the result being organizational chaos, animosity, resentment, incomplete projects, projects that don’t meet specifications, lost customers, lost revenue and more. In short, poor communication skills reflect a leader’s inability to truly be a strong leader.
Poor communication between you and your employees can have serious long-term consequences that can wreak havoc on your organization and destroy your leadership potential. More important, poor communication skills will keep you from reaching your full potential as a leader, alienate those around you and hamper organizational performance and results. If you really want to develop yourself as a leader, then it is vital that you cultivate your communication skills.
What sets my leadership communication skills training course apart from others?
Most leadership communication training courses try to force participants to fit into a ‘communication style model’ or framework, essentially trying to change your personality and style. In my experience, this type of training rarely takes hold and fails to bring about the desired meaningful change because it runs contrary to our innate personalities or behaviors learned over a lifetime.
Standard training programs are not created around individual real world issues that one faces on a day-to-day basis. Typically, a “one size fits all” program is presented and the participants have to figure out how it can be translated into their world. Our training is NOT a pre-scripted model that everyone will be sold as the one and only answer. Rather, the training is built upon your specific needs, issues and problems.
Standardized training programs generally focus on abstract ideas that do not often translate into real world actions, changes or solutions. Our training is as much about advance work prior to creating training that will include personal interviews, surveys, webinars, or phone calls to best understand your specific communication issues, problems and challenges.
A standard 3-day canned seminar is NOT impactful enough to significantly change behaviors and habits when presenting standard universal training models. Our training deals with current issues and scenarios specific to your needs and the unique environment in which you operate. Furthermore, our training is collaborative so that you or your teams can create realistic and agreed-upon action items and timelines to accomplishing goals and deliverables. By basing our training collaborative facilitation, not directive talking points, we are able to sustainably improve leadership communication skills.
I’ve developed and delivered leadership communication skills trainings for professionals at all stages of their careers, from entrepreneurial startups to seasoned corporate professionals and top military leaders.
Who can benefit from my Leadership Communication Skills Training:
- Startup founders—learn to communicate the value of your startup to secure funding, develop strategic partnerships, build your team and solidly set your firm on a pathway to sustainable growth.
- Corporate, nonprofit, military or government professionals—build trust, credibility and respect; work effectively with diverse employee groups, including millennials; boost productivity and reduce errors and misunderstandings; communicate the value of your organization; and demonstrate your leadership capabilities to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Small and large organizations, agencies or businesses—reduce communication-related issues throughout the organization; ensure consistent, effective communication across all operational and functional areas; identify and eliminate communication bottlenecks; improve morale; reduce employee turnover; lower costs; and improve organization-wide interpersonal relationships, among others.
Train the Trainer
“Teach a man to fish…” – Attribution Unknown
Prepare your staff to lead training initiatives within your own organization.
This two day “train the trainer” program is designed to prepare someone to be a professional trainer with effective presentation and facilitation skills. Participants will practice delivery through several rounds of short presentations and training sessions. Participants will learn how to use advanced training aides and tools including case studies, role-plays, surveys, self-assessments, and Audio/Visual tools.
Unlike other trainings where participants are “sold” to stop one behavior and adopt the newest trend in training, this course will be created specific to client goals and culture to insure the highest level of adoption and sustainability.
Training customization takes place through conversations and questionnaires used to gauge areas of strength, weakness, immediate needs, and long term goals. Once this data is gathered, training will be created using topics and strategies most important to the organization.
This training is designed to train professionals to act as corporate or regional trainers but, it can be customized at a departmental level to give individuals increased responsibility and potentially assist in their career advancement.
Participants in this train the trainer workshop will possess the characteristics of an effective trainer, organize a successful training program, facilitate a media rich training program, and create buy-in from their participants.
The residual effects of this train the trainer program are:
- Employee retention
- Career advancement
- Universal and consistent messaging
- Message adoption
- Peer to peer mentoring
- Increased accountability
- Increased productivity
- Increased flow of creativity
- Increased profits
- Decreased costs
We look forward to working with your organization to create training programs that matter most to you.
How To Get Training from Ron
- If you’re interested in hosting Ron Flavin at your location, please submit your contact details so that we can connect.
- If you’re interested in attending a training session an individual or small group, get notified when there’s an event in your area.
- If you’re an individual interested in self-training options, consider purchasing my webinar course The New Business Blueprint