The United States government supports entrepreneurs and businesses by providing billions of dollars in funding through grants and cooperative agreements administered by 26 different federal agencies. Each year, these agencies publish more than 1,000 different grant opportunities that are open to small businesses. Thousands more business grant opportunities are offered through state and local agencies.But make no mistake about it–while yes, there are billions of dollars in small business grants available every year, it’s not the ‘government money free-for-all’ that some people would have you believe. Governmental agencies don’t just give away ‘free’ money with no strings attached, and they don’t have billions of dollars in grants set aside just for women, minorities and people who want to start a business or pay off debts. The majority of federal government grants given to small businesses are awarded specifically to support research and development activities.
Even if your project is not related to research, there are lots of ways for your business to gain access to government grant funds, and I can show you how. I have secured well over $200 million in funding for my clients over the last ten years. In addition, thanks to my subject matter expertise and in-depth knowledge of the factors the drive funding decisions, I am regularly called upon to help private- and public-sector funders to decide which business, programs and organizations to fund. In this capacity, I have either led or been part of the decision-making teams that have awarded more than $1 billion in funding over the last five years.
Grant Writing Resources
Find out if you’re ready to hire a professional grant writer, or consider one of my other options: my free Business Grants eBook, my full Business Grants book, or one of my grant writing courses.
Hire a Grant Seeking Professional? I Can Help You:
- Discover where the money is and more important, effective strategies for obtaining the grant funds you need
- Develop a compelling grant proposal that makes reviewers say “YES” to your funding request
- Tap into federal government money for your business even if your technology is just a concept
- Understand what grant reviewers look for in a winning proposal
- Uncover the grant programs that are right for YOUR company
- Uncover who to talk with to discuss your project
- Position your project to make it eligible for millions more in grant funds
- Win over even the most difficult grant reviewer
- Understand why no one can guarantee that a proposal will get funded and how the scammers prey on consumers and businesses
- Know the difference between a legitimate business grant program and a scam
- Identify killer mistakes that ruin grant proposals and how you can avoid them
- Discover where the money is and how you can access it for your business
- Match your grant needs to those of local, state and federal grant funding programs
- Learn the questions you need to ask when researching grant opportunities
- Understand why a partnership can put your grant seeking into overdrive
- Find the right partners to get your grant funded
- Find the right shortcuts to find the business grants you need
- Use local, state and federal grant money to achieve your business objectives
- Find new business grant funding opportunities
- Develop strategies to tap into local, state and federal grants for businesses
- Find and use all the business grant research tools you’ll ever need—free!