Here are a few accelerators that are currently accepting applications for new entrants. Most include space, technical support/assistance and some degree of funding.
- Techstars Patriot Boot Camp is a program under the Techstars Risingstars umbrella with a specific focus on our nations Veterans and their families. Patriot Boot Camp was created with the belief that Veterans have the skills and motivation to become exceptional entrepreneurs. The hope is that participation in Patriot Boot Camp will be the catalyst for them to kick-start a company, find co-founders, and advance as entrepreneurs.Attendance to PBC is open to active military, Veterans, and/or their spouses at no cost. Those interested in attending can apply here
- Risingstars Boot Camp: The Risingstars Boot Camp, presented by Techstars, is an intense 2-day program to help early-stage entrepreneurs build viable, sustainable and revenue-generating technology start-up companies. Participants will receive intensive hands-on guidance and coaching on their business models directly from Techstars mentors and other successful entrepreneurs. The Boot Camp will culminate with a Demo Day presentation to potential investors. The goal of Techstars’ Risingstars Boot Camp is to extend start-up opportunities to demographic groups that are currently underrepresented in the technology start-up community. The Boot Camp will begin on Thursday, July 3rd and end on Saturday, July 5th. Up to 25 early-stage minority entrepreneurs will be selected to participate. Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2014. Participants will selected by May 15, 2014.
- One Entrepreneur will be selected to become a PowerMoves.NOLA fellow and receive a $50,000 investment.
- One participant will be awarded a $25,000 cash prize.
- Risingstars will also select up to five entrepreneurs to join their mentorship program.
- Click HERE for more information
- Kaplan EdTech accelerator: The Kaplan EdTech Accelerator, powered by Techstars is a three-month intensive, mentor-driven, deep immersion program for ten education technology startups. Startups have access to top-notch industry mentors, resources and round-the-clock support as well as the chance to pitch to top-notch angel investors and venture capitalists at the end of the program. The next program starts in September 2014. At the end of the Kaplan EdTech Accelerator, each team will participate in a demo day pitch, presenting to critical stakeholders in the edtech community of angel investors, venture capitalists, mentors, education industry leaders and potential business development partners from Kaplan and across the education industry. Any technology-powered startup looking to change education for the better is encouraged to apply. Click HERE for more information.