The Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation offers startup grants for exceptional social entrepreneurs. The foundation’s goal is to find social entrepreneurs with dynamic ideas and nurture them at the early stages with maximum leverage and total commitment. Experienced, dedicated social entrepreneurs with a developed idea for a non-profit organization with a legal presence in the United States are invited to apply for the Draper Richards Kaplan grant. The maximum grant award is $100,000.
The foundation funds:
- Exceptional organizations tackling important social issues that can make a difference in the lives of many.
- Exceptional leaders with a model that has the likelihood to be able to scale.
- Organizations in the early stages of their development where our involvement can make a real difference. On average, organizations are 1-3 years old and the leader is prepared to execute an ambitious plan.
- Organizations with a legal existence and substantive presence in the United States.
- Organizations that are national or global in reach and social issue.
The foundation does not fund:
- Community-based organizations with no interest in scaling.
- Organizations whose sole focus is on the development of research.
- Programs promoting religious doctrine
The Foundation receives proposals online throughout the year and carefully reviews them as they arrive. Those invited to apply for funding receive an email within approximately four weeks of submission.
Visit the foundation website for more information about how to apply for funding for your social entrepreneurship startup